Sunday 10 August 2008

Knit One, Purl One

As hubby & I wound our weary way through the Swiss mountains we came upon an awesome sight. Not the largest cuckoo clock in the world; not an entire Alp made from Toberlone chocolate (I would still be there if we'd found something like that, doing my bit to help create a tunnel through the bottom of the mountain using nothing but my teeth), but something much, much better. Let me set the scene for you - this is the view that we were admiring at the time:

Quite something, I'm sure you'll agree.
Then hubby walked a little way round the corner and came scurrying back with a delighted grin on his face. 'Walk round there and see if something makes you smile' he said. 'Chocolate' was my initial thought, but this is what he had come upon:





Isn't that just wonderful?! Perhaps these ladies were of the same mindset as me that day - once you've seen one Swiss mountain, you've seen them all.

1 comment:

PIE said...

Too awesome...in every sense of the word...

And that almost seems TOO picturesque with the knitting duo on the mountainside...I was expecting Heidi to come around the corner with the Ricola guys! LOL