Sunday 8 June 2008

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!

Goodness me, I think the weather gods were listening when I had a little whinge about the fog/lack of summer in Vermont. Yesterday it got hot, in fact it got very hot - in the 90s. Crikey heck, we've not seen the mercury soar like that since we were in Belize. As hubby said, it's like being on the first day of your holidays all over again, trying to get used to the heat. Not that I'm complaining, oh gosh no, I need to catch me some rays and top that tan right back up again. So, what luck that the weather held out today - again in the 90s - and is due to continue in the same vein for the rest of the week. Tantastic!

Anyway, this morning we had to give up pretending we lived at the Four Columns Inn and drag ourselves away. We just loved being there; I think it's the nicest place I've ever stayed at so I suggest that you all take a holiday to Vermont asap and stay at the Four Columns. And if you do go, be sure to try their homemade granola which is fab (and if you don't get the chance to go drop me an email as I have the recipe for said granola, which the owners very kindly gave me!)


We are now in Ogunquit, Maine. A funny little town right on the coast. As we drove here from Newfane, we stopped at the Nubble Lighthouse, apparently either "the most photographed lighthouse in the USA" or "the most famous lightouse in the world", depending on who you listen to. We added our vote to the former by taking a snap. Pretty, isn't it?


No comments: