Sunday 30 December 2007

OUCH!

I've managed to hurt my back. Big time. It hurts. Lots. Had to get an emergency appointment at the doc's for the day after Boxing Day and she prescribed me valium... Have had to spend most of Xmas sitting down with a hot water bottle and a blanket, like an old dear. Feeling quite sorry for myself. I think I strained it first by lugging some boxes upstairs - boxes of stuff we'd packed to go in the loft; but what really did me in was opening the oven door, would you believe. It all went 'twang' on Xmas Day morning. Best stay away from the oven in future.

It's now only 17 days til we leave for our big trip and hubby's sister who's a GP has said that it can take up to 6 weeks for a pulled back muscle to get properly better. Oh ploppy. Good job we're hiring a car for the first 3-4 weeks of our trip, otherwise hubby would have to carry two rucksacks and I don't think he'd be best pleased having to lug mine around since I tend to overpack somewhat with all those essential copies of Hello and packets of shortbread biscuits.

I'm due back at work on Wednesday for my last 3 days but it's looking highly unlikey that I'll be able to go in - that's going to look really suspicious isn't it?! But I can't even drive so it would be a little tricky to get there, let alone having to lug book trolleys around once I'm there.

No comments: