Thursday 29 May 2008

Having a Hissy Fit and Losing My Travelling Mojo

Hubby wants me to tell you about the little hissy fit I had this afternoon when we couldn't find anywhere to stay in New Haven. I went in to one hotel which had rooms for $80 (the limit that hubby has set us... what more can I say, The Holder of the Purse Strings is back) but it gave me the heebie-jeebies even with (or perhaps because of) its claim to fame of having the oldest hand-cranked elevator in America. Then we went to the Marriott, but the rooms there were $209 (and that's $129 over hubby's budget...) so we drove out of town a bit to look for a motel as they are usually much cheaper (and oh so lovely...). We pulled in to the forecourt of one motel and promptly turned round again as even hubby admitted it didn't look very nice. When we got to the road hubby turned to me and said "Which way shall we go?" and I replied "AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH. I don't care! I don't want to be driving around at 7pm looking for a room. I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to travel round New England for the next two weeks. I don't want to go to Australia. I don't want to go to South East Asia. I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!" Hubby took it upon himself to turn right.

So, if anyone finds my travelling mojo I'm actually not sure whether I want it back right now. Perhaps you could keep it in a safe place for me til I calm down and maybe tomorrow everything will be lovely again when we are looking round Yale University at all the pretty buildings. Hubby says I need to go to the Library there as that will make me feel much better. I'll let you know.

No comments: